Thursday, July 7, 2011

Catching Up

It's been a long time since I took the time to sit down and catch up with myself.  I have avoided the pervbial mirror for a long time now.  Time to get down to the nitty gritty and figure out who I am and where it is that I am going.

As a little girl I had all the fantasys that many girls do.  First I wanted to be an Figure Skater.  But as my family and friends know, being graceful is not one of my qualities.  Next I wanted to be a singer.  I was blessed with a voice and knew how to use it.  But my self doubt took that away from me.  After that I decided that I would work with animals.  Then a photographer, and now law enforcement. 
Of all of those things, a writer is not one of them.  So let me first apologize for spelling mistakes, incorrect grammar, and of course boring you to death. 

I guess the point in my life that I am at is self discovery.  I thought that I would be well past this when I reached this age, but now I am realizing that we never stop discovering who we are.  There are so many things that I said I would never do that I have done.  There are so many things that I wished to accomplish that have been left by the wayside.  But all of that has made me who I am today.  I would not take back one single experience that has helped shape the person that I am.  Sure there were really hard times that I thought that I wouldn't make it.  But luckly for me, I was blessed with a wonderful and supportive family that stuck through the hard times with me.  I know that there will be many more to come.  They will always be there and for that I am grateful. 

More than anything I am contemplating the example that I am setting.  I am not perfect by a long shot but I want to be the woman that my little sister can look up to and admire.  I want to be the kind of woman that is worthy of wonderful man.  One day I want to be a loving and determined mother who guides her children through those tricky roads.  I want to be a woman who can be remembered long after I am gone with loving and charished moments or possibly thanked for changing someones life for the better.

I have a lot of life to live still and A LOT of things to figure out but like my screen name says I am optimistic that I will always be this crazy, goofy, loving, caring, ungraceful, nail biting, singing, poor dancing, scatter brained, hopeless girl.

1 comment: